This week on Athena 365 and The MOM Podcast Dr. Andie discusses how to teach kids to love themselves so that they do not seek approval from outside sources. Dr. Andie’s new book More Than Saying I Love You: 4 Powerful Steps that Help Children Love Themselves is an excellent resource for parents to teach their child the greatest skill they can—how to truly love yourself so that you do not need to rely on others for affirmation. Dr. Andie is a mother and grandmother so she knows the road we walk. Learn answers to the following questions:
- Why isn’t just saying, “I love you” enough to create children that love themselves?
- What is the difference between self-love and self-esteem?
- What are the benefits of children learning to love themselves?
- Does self-love or “I love me” lead to narcissism and being egotistical?
- At what age do we begin teaching our children about loving themselves?
- What are the external forces that erode a child’s birthright of love?
- What are the 4 steps that help children love themselves?
Click on the show to the right to learn more!