Before the holidays, learn how to manage your digital life including what types of files to save, where to save them, how to make backups and what tools to use.
- Best File type: Depends on your needs. Save Raw files if you can
- Online Storage http://www.zdnet.com/the-top-10-personal-cloud-storage-services-7000011729/
- Dropbox (Nancy’s favorite because photos load from her phone directly on to Dropbox)
- Google Drive
- Microsoft Sky Drive (Windows 8)
- Hard Drive Backup: LaCie Iomega You can even make your own personal Cloud.
- Data Disaster Plan—Send to a relative in a different state
- If you have multiple copies of the same file on your laptop, invest in a program that finds multiples to get back disk space