Hadley and Nancy discuss Hadley’s recent trip to Disneyland and how to make the most of a trip to Disneyland–even if you are not a fan of theme parks or Disneyland.
- Know what kind of Disney Family you are (Full On Disney or Casual Disney—do you need your Mickey Fix or Princesses or just some rides—a Cars/traditional family—older/younger kids? Fireworks and Parades shows or No Shows)
- Pick your time of year wisely—Disneyland is small so people don’t spread out like in DisneyWorld. You can check touringplans.com to get an idea of the crowds.
- You don’t have to stay on property (we like hotels that have separate kids rooms) Desert Palms also the Marriott is good.
- Skip Park Hopper and focus on one park per day but use Fast Passes (there are some new wrinkles you will want to know about so check these out online)
- Think about what you will ride before you go and plan out your day (use apps and touringplans.com or RideMax)
- Get the Disney PhotoPass+ DVD before you go for $69 and all your photos are taken for you and are yours
- Skip the Disney Dining Package (bring your food/eat off hours)
- If you have School Aged Kids, look into Disney Youth Education Programs This was one of our Best experiences in a Disney Park.