When those around us struggle with huge burdens: death, loss, stress, divorce, What can we do? Nancy and Tricia discuss from personal experience how to help our friends.
Here are a few tips:
- Listen more/talk less
- Don’t try and tell them you have been through it unless you have
- If they seek your help and advice, be careful unless you are a therapist
- Find concrete things you can do to alleviate stress (dishes, laundry, picking up kids)
- Don’t ask what you can do, tell them what you are going to do
- When all else Fails, Chocolate is a good option
Listen to our podcast on Dealing with Death.